Here are my Top 5 inspirational quotes that have literally changed my life.
- "YOUR THOUGHTS CREATE YOUR REALITY." This quote made no sense the very first time I heard it. But once I began observing the relationship between thoughts in my head and my experience in the world, I realized nothing could be more true.
- "BEING PRESENT IS THE KEY TO HAPPINESS." This is another concept that took a while to sink in. Thinking about the past is usually regretting, and thinking about the future is usually worrying. I internalized this quote by focusing more on my sensory experience to take me out of my head and into my body.
- "CHANGE IS THE ONLY CONSTANT." We often trick ourselves into believing that if we do things a certain way, everything will be perfect. Our folly is failing to recognize that everything in the universe is built on change. There is nothing that isn't subject to the law of impermanence.
- "THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DON'T MIND." This quote helped me in overcoming social anxiety and to remember that friendship is found by loving and accepting people as they are. When we censor ourselves for fear of what they will think, we tremendously limit our potential for connection.
- "BE YOURSELF. EVERYONE ELSE IS ALREADY TAKEN." Both the cheesiest and most impactful, this quote has continued to remind me to appreciate my own worth. Each human is a snowflake - an incredibly unique, one-of-a-kind miracle. This is not an embellishment, it's just fact!