- Define your purpose and intention. A clear, definite purpose breeds confidence and eliminates indecision. Make it vivid and make it concrete.
- Act confident even if you aren't. Assume the role of a confident person, and by God, you will become one.
- Let go of the need for control. Worrying is the product of the fear of not having control. Worry ceases to exist in the mind of a person who both knows that they are in control of their life and accepts that they cannot control Life itself.
- Get out of your head and into your body. The imagination is perhaps our greatest blessing and our greatest curse. The imagination allows us to leave the moment and dream of inventions, plans, and a better world. But the imagination is the exact same place where worry develops. By moving out of the imagination (ie. your head) and bringing awareness fully on the senses of that which is currently present, you block out the space for worry to emerge.
- Have faith. Having faith is the most simple and surefire way to win the battle against worry. By trusting in God, Life, the universe, or even your very own capabilities, you literally create an invisible forcefield which no murmur of a worry can touch.
Worry is a beast. Let's tackle it.
First time here? Start with these posts:
10 Reasons Pain is Good
5 Steps to Eliminate Worry
Persistence Makes Perfect